Thursday, July 8, 2010

Flying High

I just got back from a Cathay Pacific flight from Hong Kong and felt like I need to rave a little about Studio CX, their in-flight entertainment system. Of all my long distance flight experiences, their's has probably been the most impressive (their service ain't too shabby too) in terms of the design, navigation and range of content on offer. Who would have thought I'd be watching John Woo's Hard-Boiled 40,000 ft in the air? 

Maybe I'm still high from watching this killer film on a plane - the last place I'd imagine watching it... It certainly made the journey better, I only wished I had stayed awake long enough to catch more of the films (kinda bummed I missed Donnie Yen's 14 Blades and the Korean thriller Secret Reunion). Another good thing is they seem* to preserve the original aspect ratio of the films rather than cropping them as many airlines do. I'm looking forward to my next Cathay Pacific flight already...

(*judging from a quick glance around people's screens, i.e. I could see that Clash of the Titans was shown in scope etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment