Wednesday, August 5, 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra is 91% Fresh at Rotten Tomatoes!

Yes, the rating is based on only 11 reviews, and will no doubt drop when the film opens this weekend, but right now, it's an interesting look at Paramount's marketing strategy where they've chosen not to screen the film to the majority of mainstream US critics and instead selected a handful who they assume would "get" the movie (incidentally, I watched one episode of the original '80s cartoon for the first time since I was a kid last night, and it's pretty damn goofy stuff).

Starring Dennis Quaid, Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, the movie is touted as the final big-budget blockbuster "summer event" action pic of the year, and also marks the second Paramount-Hasbro collaboration this year after Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The trailer looks like it could be fun, and I'm slightly excited, though I've placed my expectations pretty, pretty low. I'm hoping it'll deliver at the very least, the kind of brainless escapist entertainment that Transformers 2 failed to do. Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment